

On Monday I went to see Dr. Hamm in the morning because I haven't really been feeling Oakley move a lot. At my last apt., he told me that I should be feeling her kick 10 times every 4 hours. Last week at work I was concerned because I hadn't really felt her moving much on Thursday or Friday. Over the weekend I was running a lot of errands and thought that maybe I hadn't noticed her but by Sunday evening I was nervous.
Dr. Hamm did an abdominal scan and as soon as he put the doppler on my stomache we could hear her little heart thumping away. It made me feel a lot better. He had to chase her around with the instrument because she was actually moving a lot! When he asked me if I could feel it I said "no" and he said "Ohhhh, I bet you have an anterior placenta". Apparently, the hospital hadn't sent my ultrasound report (this made me nervous but I read it over - everything was A-ok!). After he reviewed the report he underlined the first thing mentioned: Anterior Placenta. An anterior placenta means that the placenta has attached itself to the front of my uterus (behind my bellybutton) instead of the back. So, Oakley's kicks and the majority of her movement are cushioned by something like a pillow! Dr. Hamm said that once she grows larger than the placenta, I'll feel more of her movements. Right now, I just feel the kicks and punches around it.
Other than that, everything is going smoothly. I can't believe how fast this is going...
xxoo